Thursday 10 June 2010

The Holiday Drawer

Daniel came face to face with the extent of my neurosis this morning, when he inadvertently came across my holiday drawer.

As anyone who has come within ten feet of me recently will know, I am New York bound on the 21st of June, for two whole, glorious weeks. Not only is this the first fortnight holiday I've had in an age, it is also a perfect excuse for me to get my organisational kicks. I have been in planning mode for a good three weeks now - comparing travel insurance deals, fretting over hotels, planning the much anticipated Sex and the City tour and, of course, panicking over my number 1. holiday fear - lost baggage.

Apart from delegating the odd menial task, I have managed to keep a large extent of my neurosis hidden. Until this morning. I do believe that Daniel's discovery of the holiday drawer has led him to see me in a new, and not entirely flattering light.

My holiday drawer (which, to add salt to the wound, was the draw I grudgingly gave him for his stuff) is now full of holiday essentials, which I have been hoarding for some length of time. Suncreams, toothbrush - holiday size shampoos, shower gels etc. The crowning glory? The holiday documents folder. Divided into alphabetised sections and including a blow by blow itinerary of our trip.

I learnt a lesson this morning. MUST GET A LOCK FOR THE HOLIDAY DRAWER.

No comments:

Post a Comment