Monday 1 March 2010

Belevdere, Bunnies and British Fare

Today marks the end of the good times, and the beginning of a new prudent and economical world view, in which I attempt to reconcile my lifestyle and salary. I am New York bound with my New Yorker come June 21st, and I am determined not to buy a single champagne cocktail or item of clothing until I'm in the Big Apple. I decided to go out with a bang.

Friday night brought my formal introduction to Matilda and Barnaby Gillinson-Barrett: And would you believe it? The photos don't do them justice. I picked them up a little more than I should of... but they were just so soft and loveable and I just wanted to be near their softness and love them. Despite the over zealous bunny hugging I think we bonded. Once the little pets were safely put to bed - so the girls-only fun began. We mixed drinks, swapped dresses and fatefully played I Have Never. We just about finished putting the world to rights before heading out for Mayfair hijinks - much silliness and dancing on sofas sans shoes.

Far too few hours later I found myself headed to work in Knightsbridge, where I was at least consoled by Rupert Sanderson's new collection and caffeine. Then off for Mexican in Clapham with some of my dearest friends, including Janine From Wigan, who had made the journey to visit us. 3 plates of nachos, 4 stuffed fajitas, 2 Margaritas and 1 Mojito later and I was ready to drop.

Ten glorious hours of sleep followed. As did tea in bed. Feeling rested and serene, we headed to Spitalfields to meet two of my oldest and most treasured friends. Much giggling and gossip was had at Canteen, along with pie, mash and mushy peas in addition to a restorative Sauvignon and steamed sticky pudding. The afternoon brought with it a Sunday sorting and cleaning frenzy, where I realised that my super-vacuuming and ruthless wardrobe culling boyfriend is one in a million.

After showering off the dust of the day, we settled with Thai prawns and trashy TV before Sunday sleep. A weekend that lived up to every expectation. A weekend that ensures a week of virtuous and wholesome living must surely follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment