Friday 14 May 2010

You can take the girl out of Essex....

But you'll never take the Essex out of this girl.

No longer having a home in the legendary county hasn't dulled my love for it - and no sooner had the bell tolled 5.30 last Friday was I away from my desk and aboard a train to Ingatestone, near Brentwood in Essex.

The reason for my visit? My darling Emma is departing, yet again, for sunnier climes. As a super-cool-hot-shot Club Rep Miss Claridge teases us with her presence in the Winter months, and then come May she's off again, ready to charm holiday makers in a new destination. This year it's Zante, and I'm already harbouring hopes of a late summer getaway to see my oldest, cheekiest friend.

But Friday night was not a night to dwell on such sadness. Friday was a night to party like only Essex can, where the music scene refuses to let go of the early noughties garage heydey and where the wine is £4.95 a bottle.


God bless the homeland.


Emma. I miss her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment