Wednesday 28 October 2009

Why I don't work in finance


I spent this afternoon taste testing cupcakes for a party. I know. I could hardly believe it myself. It went a little bit like this:

Walking back into the office after lunch...

Boss: Sarah! Thank GOD you're back.
Me: (somewhat startled) What's happened?
Boss: (rustling in boxes) Boil the kettle and get a knife.

Like the performing monkey my state education trained me to be, I followed my instructions without question.

Boss: Now cut up these cupcakes while I make tea. We can't taste test cupcakes without tea.

Bliss. We (thoroughly and discerningly) made our way through carrot, oreo, rocky road, chocolate and peanut butter. There was much swilling of tea and thoughtful squinting and chin rubbing. Carrot came out on top as being the most flavoursome, and crucially the one you could eat the most of before feeling sick (this is where peanut butter let us down).

Today was the definition of a good day. I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. What company does those cakes?? They look amaze. Thinking about press days...
    Kisses, Alex xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're from Lola's cupcakes, stocked in selfridges and you can order online - the mini ones would be perfect for press days x

    ReplyDelete