Friday 8 January 2010

2010

I am one working week into January, into 2010. A bright year, but sadly a year without Hannah. A year that starts without her, and will end without knowing her. A year that will remember her.

A year which has started in the best possible way, a year which closes neatly on the one before it, a year that was hard. A year that was the making of me.

2009 drifted into 2010 seamlessly and beautifully. A holiday that began with three, and ended with two. A holiday which included an obscene amount of my favourite things. Long lazy days where you miss the daylight, long adventurous and indulgent days of shopping and dumplings. Many coffees, a few walks. A gold wall painting. My first American pancakes. Mulled wine, friends and overly competitive boardgames. 3D films and bad mexican, made wonderful by the right company. Ice Skating. Confessionals. Acceptance and Love.

I am so lucky. Not only because of all I have, but simply because I'm here. Because 2010 starts with me and will know me. I will try really hard not to forget this.

No comments:

Post a Comment