Tuesday 13 April 2010

A Birthday Wish

It's Hannah's Birthday today. She would have been 24.

I was lucky enough to spend lots of Birthdays with Hannah. I remember her 18th clearly.

It was a beautifully sunny day reminiscent of this one, and we decided to spend it in Covent Garden. We had no real plan, just thought we'd hop on the tube and have one of those indulgent days where there is nothing you have to do, only what you want to.

We bought posh handcream in Crabtree and Evelyn (forever outside and tending horses, I used to joke that Hannah had the hands of an old farmer) and we were unwillingly captured by a street performer. I bought her a pair of red converse trainers - her first. She wore them until they fell apart.

We sat outside and drank Kir Royales as the sun went down. We went home soon after, both of us happy and healthy and light.

A simple day, a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday my love x

No comments:

Post a Comment